Thursday, November 12, 2009

And here's someone with class...

Just saw this over at Le.gal In.sur.rec.tion's blog and thought it deserved re-posting:

Here's an excerpt from a thank-you note he found from Hillary Clinton supporters at Hillbuzz.

"As we will always be grateful for what George and Laura Bush did this week, with no media attention, when they very quietly went to Ft. Hood and met personally with the families of the victims of this terrorist attack.

FOR HOURS.

The Bushes went and met privately with these families for HOURS, hugging them, holding them, comforting them."

I had tears in my eyes reading this. I hadn't heard about this - and why not- the Bushes wanted to do it secretly. They did it for the families and not for themselves or for the media. Such class.
Thank you former President and Mrs Bush for your compassion and taking the time to show people you care. Thank you.

3 comments:

Soloman said...

I saw this on teresamaerica and read both this post and the one they linked from Jan 20.

I think it's great they are being so honest about the mistakes they made being so judgmental.

In reading their writings, they are much closer to conservative than they realize.

Janelle said...

Lovely post about President and Laura Bush. And my goodness........ what a contrast to the current occupants of the White House.

Opus #6 said...

I really enjoyed that Hillbuzz article. I respect people who can be big enough to admit when they are wrong.