Saturday, August 06, 2011

The US loses it's AAA rating; Libs blame the Tea Party

Leave it to the libs to smoke me out of hiding. Just couldn't take it anymore. All of their (and granted to be fair, the Republicans too) actions have gotten me so smoking mad lately that it was either find some medication to lower my boiling blood pressure or blog. I've still been around, posting a random thought or snarky remark here and there on Facebook, such as:

"NEWS ALERT: Apparently with the loss of the AAA rating comes a new definition of racism. You are now a racist if you don't want to spend money that you don't have."

Which, have no fear, I will get into a bit later. Apart from that, I have been busy off fear-conquering and becoming a pilot (which only adds to my irkdom with all of the FAA shutdown mess and The Chosen One's "corporate jet owners" foolishness).

Okay, a few random thoughts to get out before I launch into my rant. I'm sure I've said all of this before, so I won't waste a whole entry on it again, but the monetary-challenged moochers still haven't gotten some of these things through their pretty little heads yet:

1) The secret to being rich is to work hard, save as much as you can, and don't spend what you don't have. A budget can't hurt either. And yes, it's really as simple as that. There's no magic money tree and no bag of leprechaun coins is going to fall into your lap out of the sky. Likewise, there's no evil conspiracy by those who are rich to prevent you from doing well for yourself. And yes, life isn't fair, but life is also what you make it.

2) No, you cannot have my money. I don't care if you think you deserve it more than I do. Nobody deserves my money more than I do, except maybe the people/animals/causes that I choose to give it to. And yes, I am selfish. To quote Hank Reardon from Atlas Shrugged, "What part of 'MINE' don't you understand?'. (Side note: Yes, I read it. Saw the movie too. Poke fun at my reading skills/intelligence all you want, libs. I know differently and don't care. You are making fun of people who read a 1000+ book (AND endured Galt's speech, nonetheless). Who are you to make fun of someone else's reading skills?) Btw, you are just going to make me hang onto my money harder if you go whining to the gov't to take my money away from me.

3) To Obama and his cronies: In what math class were you taught that a person who earns $250k is a "millionaire" or "billionaire"? And to your followers who call me a "millionaire", thanks for the compliment, but in what world does 5 figures equal a million dollars?

4) One day you grow up and realize that social classes are not determined by how much you earn. Social classes are a mindset and nothing more. Think and act like you were middle class or upper class and you will be there. Ditto with lower class, which is why some of them will never leave - they don't want to leave. But terms like "upper class", "middle class" and "the underprivileged" (libs would never, ever say "lower class") are just there to build up the war between the classes. The TRUE classes are the Producers, the Looters and the Moochers. And like the other three, these also have nothing to do with what you earn, but a mindset.

Okay, I think that covers everything. So the US has lost it's AAA rating. And as much as the libs are foaming at the mouth to blame the Tea Party...and blame them some more...and a little more. In fact, when I saw the spike in "Blame the Tea Party" rhetoric last week, I compared them to being like roaches when someone turns on the light. I joke, but their juvenile reaction is absolutely, positively shameful. I expect more out of grown adults, especially those representing us in government (as well as so-called "journalists"). Shame on you. You can't take responsibility for your own actions and you turn around and blame others. You spend money like a teenage girl with her parents' credit card, can't keep track of the money you have and dare to ask for more when you aren't even responsible for the money you have! "Oh, but the millionaires and billionaires won't miss it. They've got a couple of hundred thousand just sitting around collecting dust; they don't need it. It's their patriotic duty to pay their fair share". You sit around, doing God knows what, because we know for sure you aren't reading any pesky bills or anything since you don't have time for that. You run your mouth on TV, and avoid town hall meetings so you don't have to own up to what you are doing (or not doing). Some of you are yammering on about how islands are going to 'capsize', or making kindergarten presentations about how the republicans want you to "die quickly". You are supposed to represent us and work for us. And when people - average, everyday people- get sick & tired of the whole reality-show-worthy circus call you out and ask you to do what you've been sent to Washington to do, you have the nerve to call them terrorists and every other violence-inciting word out there. These are people in your districts and in your states. These are people you represent. These are the people you work for. And you still have a job! Even if I could get away with that at my job, I'd like to think that I've got more class to ever stoop that low. You have the gaul to call us names, to treat us as less than human, to ignore us and turn your backs on us, yet you think you are entitled to our money? Think again.

Forget for a minute that you have NO right to someone else's money. Why don't you clean up your act and stop spending billions on cloud watching museums and put that money to good use. Maybe people would be more willing to let their hard-earned dollars go if you were responsible with their money. Enough filling the pockets of illegal aliens or welfare bums. Enough posting signs everywhere that these roads were paid for by the "Reinvestment and Recovery Act". There's a few million that wasn't necessary.

Obama, quit demonizing corporate jet owners (that by the way, YOU gave the tax break to in the first place), while you are zipping around in Air Force One, like it was your corporate jet. Stay at home, save some gas and we're got our Air Force One tax break right there. And I think that's great that you've got a couple hundred thousand dollars just sitting around that you don't need. Please be my guest to donate that to the government. Nothing's stopping you. But don't force me at the point of a gun to give up my money that you deem "dispensable income". Stop the "you must give up your fair share so some poor kids can go to college". I am not responsible to send someone else's kids to college, no matter how poor they may be. If they want to go badly enough, there are scholarships and loans, or maybe the parents should be making sacrifices for their kids. It's not being mean or selfish. It's how the rest of us got through college. They can do it too. It builds character and makes them work harder in the end.

I highly suspect that we would have lost our AAA credit rating, even if we let the libs have their way. By the way, for the financially-challenged liberals (redundant, maybe?), raising the debt ceiling to pay off the debts we already have is like taking out another credit card to pay off our already increasing debts. Doesn't work that way. And frankly, I'm still appalled at the agreement they managed to reach and am not happy for the so-called "conservatives" (yeah, that goes for you, McCain. Loved the "Lord of the Rings" analogy, but please stop watching movies and do your job) who voted for it. We shouldn't have raised the debt ceiling AT ALL. Again, not to be mean, but because we can't afford to do so. Why is it so hard to understand that we cannot afford to spend money that we do not have?  (By the way, preventing people from spending money you don't have makes you a racist.) The way to reduce our debts is to stop spending, not by taxing more (or perhaps by taxing the bottom 50% who pay no taxes... Fair Tax?)

Just keep in mind that once you open the Pandora's Box to allow the government to tax the "rich" more, then you have allowed them to also take as much as they want from you. You may not be "rich", but the government's definitions are not what we think of as traditional definitions. And one day, the "rich" will run out of money and guess whose door the government will be knocking on? Yours. I guarantee it.

There, I think my blood pressure has returned to normal. For now. Obugger's good at raising it by flapping his gums, saying the same thing over and over and over, interrupting my radio programs. I'll try not to stay away so long next time (and honestly had no idea so much time had gone by since my last post!). In the meantime, you can catch me on Facebook or one of my other blogs.

No comments: