Sunday, September 28, 2008

Post-debate update

I stand corrected - the debate was a tie.

---

But Obama likes to say we have entered the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I was not alive during that time, but from what I've read, unemployment was up to 15% - we are still around 6% now. Also, people were standing in lines for food. We might be lining up for gas (in Georgia, at least), but as far as I can tell, we aren't standing in line for food yet.

If I were him, I'd be embarrassed to compare the current situation to the Great Depression. What an insult to the people alive today that actually lived through it. We know nothing of the struggles they went through. Some of the older citizens need to call him on it. It's time that someone did. I'm tired of watching McCain just sit back while Obama spouts stuff like that.

No comments: