Friday, July 25, 2008

Obama-speak

So the other night on ABC news, Mr. Barack"Better than Sliced Bread" Obama had to answer a question without a script or teleprompter to aid him.

Here's the question: "If you had it to do over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

And here was his answer (taken from Boortz.com): "No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."

Whoops.
And just how are we planning to talk to terrorists without a script or teleprompter to aide us, Mr. Obama?

My Dad wanted to know if what he said was in English and what it said. So I provided him with a translation:

"No, I cannot give a concrete answer at this time, because I don't want to scare off voters that are in favor, but I don't want to scare off those that are opposed either. I need to find a neutral answer to please everyone and not get stuck in a situation where I need to take back what I said tomorrow. So therefore, I will say nothing, but make it look pretty at the same time."

There you have it. THAT'S what people want to vote into office. THAT'S what people are getting all starstruck over. THAT'S who people want as the POTUS - a person who says pretty words, but is non-committal because he doesn't want to lose people and is afraid that he may have to unapologize/recant/rephrase tomorrow. Not to mention he can't say anything worthwhile or with meaning without the use of a crutch. Be afraid, be very afraid.

And then this week, he's parading around Europe, as though he's already been elected. Talk about having no respect for your fellow candidate or the current sitting President. No class either. Cute.
But that is a rant for another day...


No comments: