Saturday, December 29, 2007

A question

Recently, I overheard a person saying that he came from a county that had socialized medicine and said he loved it. He didn't know what the big deal was and wondered why people didn't like it. Then he complains about the American health care system.

So I asked "Why not go home if things were so great here? Why stay and complain?".

Then I get snapped at by a lady who just thinks I'm the most incredibly insensitive person and says "I'm tolerant of other's beliefs and opinions - why can't you be?".

I wasn't trying to be insulting or snarky... I really wanted to know. Why DO people stay in a place where they aren't happy and talk about how great things were where they came from? Why don't they go home? I really want to know... It baffles me.

No comments: